Saturday, March 18

St. Patrick's Day

They had a special Irish dinner and music thing at the golf club where we play. So I got some neighbors together, and then some more people joined us, for a total of 16. It was outside and the heater was woefully inadequate so we didn't stay too late. The fog rolled in and fog brings cold. You can see the 18th fairway to the right of the band. I like this joint on warm summer evenings. Early spring, not so much.

JJ with a couple of our neighbors, Steve, Barb, and Cliff. I am blown away at what good photos the iPhone takes in low light. No more schlepping my heavy SLR!

JJ managed to get a good photo of me, despite the spotlight. Photography is not one of his strong suits.

In other news, I planted an herb garden. I'll see how these do and maybe add some others. But these will grow and fill out the pots. Hopefully. Gardening is not one of my strong suits.


I made a couple of quiches for our annual Del Webb Spring Brunch tomorrow. Lorraine on the left, spinach on the right. I am the captain for our street, which is assigned to bring egg dishes.
I

I finished piecing (fusing) the Heron. I like how it turned out. I haven't had time to do any stitching on it yet.


I enjoyed the process...more than I thought I would, I usually turn my nose up at fusing. Now that I have gotten the hang of it, I am thinking of doing one of a golf scene to be a prize for my golf group's annual tournament this summer.

Here is a close up. The tail (and beak) extend beyond the border, so they are backed already and not fused to the background, which will get trimmed down when the quilting is finished.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sis, your photo is just beautiful. And, so are your pies - oh, I would have you make a fresh one of these every day (for me, of course) if I lived near you. And, and, the blue heron quilt is one of your best in the feathers, colors, and background fabric! I just love it! You're a real talented gal!

M.