Friday, March 10

Signs of Spring

And we geezers are coming out of hibernation. The calendar is filling up, and there are things going on.

I have been golfing...yeah, so what else is new. But I have some nice pictures of some of my golf courses. The grass is really lush right now because of all the rain...it's usually not quite this nice. In fact, it's so lush it's hard to hit out of if you get into the rough.

This is #16 at Tijeras Creek, a short par 4. It's possible to make par here. You get a nice look at Saddleback, which dominates the landscape around south Orange County.


This is #1 at Arroyo Trabuco. Another look at Saddleback. The guys in front of us are just leaving the tee and we'll hit next. It's a fairly easy par 4, easy to make bogey. Hey. Bogey is good for us old gals.


This is #2 at Talega. Impossibly long par 5, all uphill. You might as well mark down an 8 and move on. Look at those sand traps. Seriously.

This is #9 at Talega, approaching the clubhouse. Par 4, not too difficult if you stay in the middle of the fairway.


Some of the gang cooling their jets at the 19th hole. Notice the guys aren't paying much attention. Every one of them is hard of hearing.

We went to see the Beach Boys at the new Segerstrom Center. They had the orchestra to back them up...it was so cool. They were terrific. The only real Beach Boy was Mike Love, all the rest are gone. Except for Brian Wilson, who does his own thing. But they sounded perfectly Beach Boys.


This is Joan and me. We had box seats. Sounds more glamorous than it was, you pretty much had to hang over the railing to see the stage.


Here is another picture of Joan. With Steven Tyler, can you stand it? I am jealous! She says he's delightfully dear.


Here's a nice photo of the Basilica at Mission San Juan Capistrano. The original chapel inside the mission was very small so they built this one. We happened to be there on a Sunday when the bells were pealing. We only live 3 miles from here. The swallows are due to return very soon on March 19, St. Joseph's Day. But, just between you and me, they don't arrive en masse on that day, they just come when they come. And not just here, everywhere. The story is a romantic myth. Sorry to burst your bubble.


I have started working on this. It's a kit. I said once I'd never stoop so low, but we both liked this picture for the niche in our bathroom. I'm enjoying the process, which is different from the way I usually work, so I'm learning something new. I could never do such fiddly work with my technique.


Just look at these pieces. They are laser cut, but you still have to cut them apart. Lots of precision cutting! But it feels so good to be back in the studio again.


No comments: