Thursday, February 9

Hey Good Lookin'

Whatcha got cookin'?

Some good stuff! Mango salsa! I had a couple mangoes and decided to make brie quesadillas with mango salsa. We had this dish at a party last summer and want to incorporate it into our dinner parties. But we wanted to practice on ourselves first.

These are the ingredients: Purple onion, mango, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime.

















Chop 'em all up. For the record, I used two mangoes and 1/3 of the onion. I could have used two jalapenos, but let your tongue be your guide. Most everyone we know can take the heat.

















We put a couple slices of brie in a flour tortilla and toasted them on the barby.

















We had the fire too high and they got a little burny, but that didn't seem to matter--they were still delicious. I think you could just as easily use jack cheese, which is easier to cut in thin slices than brie, or even pepper jack...mmm.












I




This appetizer is a little bit different, has a note of elegance, and the brie and mango pair beautifully with a crisp, cold chardonnay on a warm summer evening. I can hardly wait for summer!

















If you make them, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks relish. I make mango salsa just like you but add avocado! It is to die for!

Marilyn said...

That should have read delish Your blog speller changed it for me!