June Gloom

Not talking about a state of mind, but a weather phenomenon. It occurs every year and lasts about a month. I don’t really understand the science behind it.1-IMG_2290

The coastal clouds roll in every night and last until the sun gets high enough to burn them off, and a beautiful day ensues. In fact, they are starting to burn off already.
IMG_2294

Looks like another perfect southern California day ahead.

We got a new floor. Here’s the story. Right after they installed the wood floor, some idiot rolled a cast iron bathtub in and left a long, meandering track in the wood. They tried only replacing the affected boards—unsuccessfully. They were uneven and…well, just awful. Even the guys who didn’t want to do this job again agreed it was pretty terrible.
IMG_2285

This time, which is the fourth time, they demolished a huge section of the floor. Dust was everywhere. What a mess. IMG_2286

It took all day. But tomorrow Adam will lay down the new boards. If this doesn’t work, they may have to take up the entire floor.IMG_2287

It’s looking good so far. I think we may have a winner. IMG_2291

Yup, very nicely done. You’d never know they’d been here. IMG_2292

And just in time for our one-year anniversary of owning this new house. Can you believe it has been a year already? We love it here. LOVE! It’s currently 115 degrees in the desert, by the way. I am so glad I’m here and not there.

There is so much fun to be had here. Yesterday J went to BBQ class. They brought in a chef who taught some secrets of grilling, while I cleaned up the dust and put my hutch back together. It needed a good cleaning anyway.
.IMG_2296

I am in heaven with my new car. It had a rattle in it, which disturbed me (greatly) because it’s a used car so it’s not like I can take it to the dealer.
used-2007-lexus-rx_400h-awd4drhybrid-623-7418590-19-640
(Picture stolen from the internet. Not my car.)
I climbed in the back and Jim drove over some bumps, and I was able to zero in on the exact place where the squeak was. I
t was just a lever in the wrong position. The levers lock the cover closed, but I don’t use the cover, in fact I took it out. A flick of the lever and wa-LA, no more squeak! Now I’m REALLY happy. She may be ten years old, but she’s a real sweetie and such a pleasure to drive compared to my big monster.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good job Rian~glad you got rid of the rattle~we had one in the rear coming from the trunk~ took years to find~If I could have hidden in the trunk while driving it was something so simple~dealer tried over and over~finially one of the guys noticed some loose insulation~happy days. Happy one year anniversary of your new home. Sounds like its wonderful.
Hope to get together soon~I'm getting my arm repaired next Tues. but should be ready to meet up in a couple months.
Cheryl
Anonymous said…
Whats with the new I'm not a robot? Like a little test~choose pictures with salad in them~funny stuff
Cheryl
Sue said…
New floors and anniversary dates seem to be a common theme. Looks like we will need to have ALL of our wood floors replaced !!! Gaps and bulging throughout !
And we agree.....the decision to find a new place to hang our hats has been a really good one and life is good.

Great the floor is finished...we too just celebrated our one year anniversary here in the country on the 17th.
Love your new car too.