Around Here

Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s Party!”….Robin Williams

Spring is definitely in the air around here. As if we ever had a winter. But things are waking up, and we’ve had some rain, which makes things green (we don’t see a lot of green in these parts). This is a view from the front of my house. The yellow is wild mustard.
1-IMG_1608

The bougainvillea seems to like it here. It is filling in nicely.1-IMG_1609

I still play golf every Wednesday. This is #16 at Arroyo Trabuco, a short par-4. I can easily make par here…but I never have. Yet. More women have joined our golf group. There were only two of us ladies in the beginning, now there are eight. Yay!
1-DSCF1405

We are constantly busy—there is so much going on in our little enclave of active seniors. The bridge players have finally come out of hiding so now we have a whole bunch of people to play bridge with. Jim has joined the bocce ball team. They started a Zumba-style dance class twice a week but I can only go on Fridays because that’s the only day in the week that isn’t spoken for.zumba_img_gold
(image shamelessly stolen from the internet)

They have broken ground on an assisted-living facility on the other side of the hill in the orange groves…won’t that be convenient when the time comes. Have I mentioned how much I love it here?

We are steadfastly sticking to our diets, although we aren’t losing much weight…the scale does creep downward, but ever. so. stubbornly. Macy’s was having a huge weekend sale and we were at the door when they opened Friday and scored some great deals. We badly needed new clothes—clothes that fit. I am between sizes. Another 6 pounds and I’d be right on the money, but noooooo. I got the larger size, which is a little too roomy. Pout.

We saw The Second Best Marigold Hotel. I liked it because of the Bollywood music and spectacle (I love Bollywood). Of course there was a wedding… The movie centers around a bunch of 70/80-somethings riding past gaily decorated elephants in Jaipur on motorbikes, with impossibly perfect hairstyles and beautifully flowing gauzy garments. It’s always a delight to watch Maggie Smith and Judi Dench onscreen, but there isn’t much to the story beyond these horny geezers mired down in the same problems a bunch of frat boys might have: How to get laid before I die, does she like me, should I go for it I don’t know…you get the idea. If you haven’t seen the first Best, you should; it’s delicious. It’s running on PPV right now.
200_s
Now, what the heck does that mean.

Speaking of Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey is over already!!
downton_abbey_christmas_2013__131110163527

Nothing to report in the studio. Maybe tomorrow?

Comments

KathyA said…
I'm so bummed Downton Abbey is over for the year. Thought I saw Mrs. Crowley i the 2nd Marigold previews, and Lady Rose in the previews for the upcoming Cinderella.
Anonymous said…
So glad you are having so much fun!

M
Your new community is keeping you very busy - and happy! Isn't it nice to have compatible people so handy? Kind of reminds me of college, just way more grown up.

Love the bougainvillea!