NNTR

Nothing New To Report. A week flew by. I played golf twice. I colored my hair. I cooked seven breakfasts and seven dinners. I decided the best way to cook salmon is to bake it at around 400. I discovered if your Hollandaise breaks you can add a little cream to it and it will come together beautifully. I am still learning things!

I ate potatoes twice. Potatoes are definitely not on my diet. I got away with it, but the party is over—no more potatoes for a while. We continue to eat low-carb and the scale continues to refuse to budge…for both of us.

Asparagus and artichokes are finally in season! Now THAT’s news!

Weather continues to be incredible. But we need rain desperately.

I did not go into the studio once. My creativity went poof. (It comes back.)

I read my book, No Ordinary Time, by Doris Kearns Goodwin. It’s very good, it won the Pulitzer prize, but it’s a huge tome at 759 pages. I won’t finish it by book club Tuesday. Not even close. I’m such a slacker.

We had friends Tom and Deborah for dinner last night and discussed what excursions we want to take when we go to the Med in the fall. Jim cooked the best steaks. I marinated them in my F/F* Marinade:

1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/8 cup soy sauce (we use tamari because soy sauce has wheat in it)
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves of garlic, smashed or chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
black pepper
red pepper flakes

I seal the steaks and marinade in a zip bag in the morning. 6-8 hours is about right.

I made my F/F* Salad Dressing:

1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp maple syrup or honey (I don’t really measure this stuff)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil

You can change up this basic dressing by adding various herbs to it. Add oregano for a Greek twist, or tarragon for French…you get the idea. It’s pretty good for marinating chicken breasts, too.

Have a great week! It looks like next week will shape up to be just like this one. And that’s just real fine.

*Fabulous/Famous. Of course.

Comments

Anonymous said…
As always I enjoyed your blog, however, I do love photos, too!!!!

Your sister, M
Sounds like a great life to me!
Sue said…
And, I eat potatoes and carbs and no meat ! How different we eat....so far the scale is still moving.
Artichokes are a big favorite..... I always put them on the giant salads I make.

So glad you've found your place !! You are definitely the hostess with the mostest.....