Wednesday, June 18

ALLLL Done

We spent the day up at the new digs today signing papers, doing the walk-through, getting the lowdown on how things work, getting the windows measured for shades, getting the water purifier installed…it took all day.

I love everything. I’m very happy with how it all came together. Until you see it all in place, you can’t tell how it will look. The wall paint is quite a bit lighter than I had envisioned, but you know what? I really like it. Everybody that came in today said it turned out great, but of course they are going to say that.
DSCF1330
The fridge and washer/dryer will be delivered next week. We went offline and got Samsung.

Here’s how the fireplace turned out. No phony logs—glass chips.DSCF1325
I love the floor. Down that hall are the office, powder, studio, and front door, in that order.

Let’s go down the hall and have a look. Studio/Guestroom on the left. It has big windows and I can keep tabs on the comings and goings on the street.
DSCF1332

The master suite is on the right and the dining area even further right.
DSCF1335

Here is the master bath. The floor turned out a LOT different from the sample tile, it’s more gray and doesn’t match anything, but it’s really okay and a big rug will go down anyway.
DSCF1326

This is the powder room. Those walls are not white, but there is a window in here. I’m thinking wallpaper in here. Glam it up a bit. DSCF1333
I’ll be back with more pictures when we get the furniture in and it looks like home.

In other news, everything is good.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the bathroom. It is beautiful! All the pics show a super duper new house. Best wishes. Your Sis, M.

Libby Fife said...

Lots of fun. A very cool palette and I love that flooring.

Fitzy said...

Looks very peaceful. Yeah, the bathroom is TERRIFIC! Very nice, luck with the move-in~

Debra said...

Just beautiful!

Sue said...

Wonderful touches….you have a great designer eye ! Love the cabinetry, the floors ( I can see every dusty footprint on my dark ones) and the overall feel. My fireplace has river rock. I could have chosen the glass but since this is Colorado, I had to go more rustic. What will you do with that area above the tub ? Large mirror? How about a tree branch with birds ? I'm into birds in the decor lately…….SO Happy for you two ……

jenclair said...

Finally! And well worth the wait!

Judy S. said...

Fun to see it all finished! It'll be even more fun to see it after you've moved in and added your touches. I'll bet you're excited!

Anonymous said...

I love how light and open it looks. Seems bigger inside than it looks from the outside.

Beautiful!

Barbara C said...

What a beautiful home. I'm sure you're anxious for the move to be over.

Irene said...

It's beautiful! Love your floors and the kitchen is stunning. Makes everything you went through worth while.

Joan Hoelscher said...

Love, love, love EVERYTHING! The kitchen and the floors are fabulous!!! In fact, everything is, truly! I know it has been an ordeal, but now comes payoff time--years of luxurious living with a sea breeze!