Monday, May 26

A Great Day All Around

We got out of “the box” today. We went up to The OC to accomplish several things.

First was lunch. We went to Islands, we love their Cobb salad and it fits our dietary program. When you diet eat like a caveman (paleo), you don’t get hungry—honest—and when you do eat, everything tastes so dang good it makes me look like a rock star in the kitchen. When I can remember to take some pictures of the incredible food I’ve been making, I’ll post them and give you the recipes. Yowza!

Then we went to Pottery Barn to see and touch some of the things we have seen in their catalog that we want for our new house. Everything is just how we imagined it. Perfect! And we have a 15% off coupon! Woot—can’t wait!

img94o

Next, we went to see a movie, Chef. Omygosh what a delicious movie! There was actually applause at the end. I wanted to watch it again.MV5BMTY5NTYzNTA1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIwODU1MTE@._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_

There’s a fantastic “little” cinema in Laguna Niguel that I loved so much that when we moved to the central coast I actually missed it. I didn’t figure it would still be there some 10+ years later. Well, it is, O happy day! They don’t have the big blockbusters, you won’t find Godzilla there, but the little films that I adore. And it’s not far from the new house. How happy am I!

Lastly, we went to see the house. No one was working so we got to go in and prowl around. Much progress has been made…we have cabinets! 007

The paint is WAY lighter than what I expected, in fact I’d argue that it’s wrong, and I will take the sample just to check, but I don’t mind it and it is a nice contrast against the cabinets. Here’s another look. The wood floor is there under the paper. 008

They have been working on changing out the fireplace…they removed the wrong one but that’s as far as they got. 006

It was a beautiful day today and we DIDN’T HAVE ANY TRAFFIC coming home. Pretty amazing right there, considering it was a holiday.

I hope you had a good holiday weekend.

8 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Nice about the theater! The house is looking good:0 Almost time:)

Allison Aller said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and making such a sweet comment! Yes, I loved the chalkboard menus in Paris and would go back THIS minute if I could!
Your new home looks like it will be absolutely perfect. So happy for you!

Judy S. said...

It's looking good1 I missed the fireplace issue....yikes!

Elegant Stones said...

The walls are perfectly matching with the cabinets. A Great job accomplished. Thanks for sharing this post.
Regards,
Indian Marble Exporter

Sue said...

I'm loving the progress reports. You're just a few weeks behind us. Is that a pantry or laundry behind the door in the kitchen? Assume those are hardwood floors…or tile? I find it fascinating that we are doing the same thing at the same time…..just too bad we aren't' doing it in the same place !!

Mary in Maryland said...

Thanks for the recommendation for "Chef"; I put it on the list! Your long wait will be over before you know it. I can't believe it's been seven months since we bought our new house. Once your wait is over, I'm looking forward to seeing what you will sew.

Teri said...

It is really coming together. I love the wall color.

jenclair said...

Haven't even heard of Chef, but now it is a must see. It is a rare thing to want to applaud at the end now days!