Life’s a Beach

I couldn’t resist that.

But it is. I was driving up PCH (Pacific Coast Highway 101) yesterday and I was giddy with joy at being back at the coast. It feels like I have come home.

20140313_113700

We fixed the bed, which sags (badly), we put a row of three pillows in the middle and now we are sleeping much better (and waking up with fewer aches and pains). One side is worse than the other so we take turns.

We found out that our house will be done sooner than expected—mid-June vs. end-July—that was a nice surprise. And if our planets align just right, the owner of this condo will be able to rent it out in July and we can avoid paying [$$$] rent for that month. It’s possible he could get three times as much for it in July, so he has an incentive to try.

I researched golf clubs in The OC, and looky what I found:

Capture

It’s three miles from my new house. How cool is that. Can’t wait!

Capture5

We have been watching the fifth and final season of Breaking Bad. We are hooked on this show! If you haven’t seen it, or want to watch it again, it’s on Netflix. It’s about a mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher who turned to cooking meth to provide for his family when he found out he has terminal cancer. Which went into remission, but he kept on cooking and became a real badass.

Capture4

The builder of our new house has a cool interactive website where you can put your furniture in place and see how it will fit. That’s how we knew what to keep and what to get rid of. I turned the picture so it would fit in the space better.

Capture2

Everything [that we kept] fits perfectly. The teal chair is not outside the house, the wall is the middle dotted line, we got the two-foot extension. I put the buffet inside the hall closet but it might fit in the hall.

 

 

Comments

Teri said…
It's tiny, but I see a living room and a Den. Tell me the room on the left in the front is your studio. Kind of Looks like an ironing board in it..
Debra Spincic said…
Perfect house for a minimalist like you!
Libby Fife said…
That ocean. I can smell it:)

You are going to be happy, happy!
Sue said…
Guess I wasn't the only one who spied an ironing board!! That looks like fun to arrange everything. I don't see a guest bed !! You're smart….we always shortchange ourselves on space by allowing for guests…..but living in Florida, we do see a few. Colorado, not so much I think….we will have one guest room tho. Enjoying the progress reports.
Judy S. said…
Ah, the beach! Great photo. Looks like a fun computer program. What will they come up with next?