Wednesday, January 1

Welcome 2014

2013 is gone. Done. The parties are over. It was a difficult year for a lot of people in my life. Me not so much, but still I'm ready to turn the page and start a brand new, shiny new year.

I had my camera in the kitchen, ready to take photos of the fabulous (I'm not conceited) food I prepared. But I didn't take a single photo. There was simply too much going on when it was time to dish up. At least Cheryl brought her camera to capture the moment for posterity and evidence that the extensive traveling we did this year took a toll on our waistlines.

Everything went off as planned, I didn't set off the smoke alarms, and we had a lot of fun.


Except it is really hard to play two rounds of 18 holes of golf in as many days and then dance the night away. Dancing Gangnam Style at 11: 45 PM is a killer. Just sayin'.

Taking down the tree today with tired legs was NOT fun. But it had to be done.














Wishing you the best of everything this year. Be good now, y'hear?

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Beautiful picture of the two of you! Happy New Years from us to you. We just had a quiet night at home - picked up calzones. Been watching football for the last few days and dissapointed that Stanford lost. Love you Rian, Happy New Year! We need to do lunch again! Soon!

Libby Fife said...

You two look great! And I know you had a lot of fun:)

Here's to a great 2014!

Irene said...

You look absolutely fabulous darling! Hope your next post tells us you sold the house. All the best for 2014.

Jane Ann said...

Wonderful pic of you and Jim. Hoping 2014 is a better year for many, many folks!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Beautiful picture of the two of you…..didn't you just put that tree up? Seems like a week ago !

Crossing my fingers that now that the holidays are over people will get motivated to buy your house.

Teri said...

You look great. I love New Year. I feel like I have another chance to 'get it right'. I hope that you are feeling better. You look good in the photo, so that's a good sign. That being said, I am so glad that the holidays are over!