It’s Pretty, But….

 

It’s dead.
IMG_1030

Dead as in doesn’t light. Well, it will light, but it burns out after about one hour and melts the fuse. It has a short somewhere. What we learned is, pre-wired trees have a shelf life. Who knew! Of course you don’t learn it’s in it’s final hours of life until you get it all decorated. I am not getting a new tree. Maybe at an after-Christmas sale. Hey! Great idea, Ri!

Life has its little disappointments. Another, slightly larger, one is that we have not sold our house. We missed the deadline for the release of the lots at the place we want to buy because our house is not in escrow. But there is one more [final] release coming in February, so we have one more opportunity. But it’s a drag to have open houses every week. It gets old.

We’ve got big plans for the holidays, the kids and grands are coming, and we’ll do our usual party-til-you-drop New Year’s festivities.

I hesitate mentioning how cold it is because I know everybody is suffering way more than I am, but it’s really cold here, too. 

Well, that’s all the news. I’ve been working on another photo book, this one on Asia, but there’s nothing quilty going on because I don’t want to mess up the studio. It’s staged.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you and your loved ones can be together for Christmas.

Comments

Debra Spincic said…
I guess if you really wanted lights you could just add some strings & forget the ones that came on the tree.

BTW, our pre-lit tree is going on 10 or 12 years and they work fine.
I cut all those lights off our old tree and restrung it only to have those go out again and then took it to good will and bought another. They are cheap enough now that by the time you buy all the lights you might as well just buy a new tree. So bad it was after decorating.

As far as your house selling…crossing my fingers for you that it happens for you soon so you make the next deadline.
Nothing worse then those open houses over and over and then nothing.
I cut all those lights off our old tree and restrung it only to have those go out again and then took it to good will and bought another. They are cheap enough now that by the time you buy all the lights you might as well just buy a new tree. So bad it was after decorating.

As far as your house selling…crossing my fingers for you that it happens for you soon so you make the next deadline.
Nothing worse then those open houses over and over and then nothing.
Sue said…
I was so hoping that it was spoken for by now. BUT, our experience with selling a house is that it happens when you least expect it so don't despair.
AND, I gave up on Christmas decorating since we usually leave and go to one of the kids. They do a better job anyhow. I have a lovely pre-lit tree in the attic I could send you !! BTW....we took a leap and have house plans and maybe a house by June !!
Teri said…
I have always thought that would happen with a pre-lit tree, and that is why I don't have one. That and the fact that I just can't get into bothering with it. I bought a pre-lit tree for my son and his new wife this year. Now it is their problem.
I'm sorry about your house. That stinks. Maybe after the first of the year people will be interested in shopping for a new house. I saw in a Christmas movie that had that girl that played Sarah Connor in the Terminator movies, that People aren't interested in looking at houses at Christmas.. The other thing I learned is that she is a better actress when she has a gun in her hands
Anonymous said…
I just love the icicles and snowflakes on your tree. And, the red ribbon. Very nicely done.

Get a fireplace like ours for your new home and just put a poinsettia on top, with a ribbon of course, and enjoy your next winter holiday without all the tree lights and tree stuff.

What say you?

xoxo
Happy Holidays!
Libby Fife said…
It's the quality all the way round. My menorah candles sucked this year. I'd ask for a refund but...:)
KathyA said…
You can always get one of those color wheels (remember them) and light up the tree anyway.
Anonymous said…
Well Alan and I still get a "live tree", Smells good and I love trying to fix up a Charlie Brown Tree. This year~no truck to pick it up~but hey my car broke down and I had a rent a car~couldn't drive it~a Tahoe~too big, but the tree fit in it nicely!!!! So lifes good~looking forward to New Years.
Cheryl
Judy S. said…
Our would-be tree is too big now to bring inside so all our gifts are going under the poinsettia-tree. A new tradition, right? I think your tree looks good sans lights! Have a good time with your family, and a Merry Christmas, Rian. Hope your house sells soon, too!