Myanmar #4

And still a lot more to come!

We flew to Shan State, an area rich in agriculture. I barely got my camera out of my bag in time for this shot out of the plane window as we landed.

IMG_0419

Tomorrow would be market day and we saw many people bringing in their goods to sell. Some of these photos were shot through the windshield of the bus.

IMG_0437

IMG_0453

As we threaded our way through the street market, the photo ops were beyond belief. So were the smells.

IMG_0459

IMG_0467

IMG_0477

IMG_0485

IMG_0507

Thanks for coming!

Comments

Irene said…
I see a quilt in that first picture. What amazing colours!
Debra Spincic said…
In Indonesia when you pulled out a camera, they wanted you to pay them for a photograph. "Money, money Mister!" (standard wordings even to women)
I cannot get over the colors in the aerial shot or in the market.
Gorgeous….I love the older lady with the turban.
Libby Fife said…
The colors are gorgeous. I bet this is a big day for these people-important. The smells are bad or good?
Judy S. said…
Looks like such a colorful place! That first photo is especially beautiful, and like someone already said, perfect for a quilt.
jenclair said…
You always have such beautiful photographs of your travels!