Random Shots

From our trip through the South. I often wander around and just snap photos. I might get ten good ones out of a hundred. Here are some I like.IMG_8903

IMG_9069

IMG_8933

IMG_9081

IMG_9090

IMG_9011

Below is Miss Mary Bobo’s Boarding House in tiny Lynchburg, Tennessee. We ate family style, with generations-old recipes like fried okra, collard greens with vinegar, and corn relish. Everything was delicious. And heavily spiked with Jack Daniel’s.IMG_8926

They feature a different menu for each day of the week. We were fortunate to have the amazing Chicken with Pastry. I photographed this recipe as it was framed on the wall. It is a magazine clipping and there are recipes to be found online, so I’m pretty confident it is okay to share it. Now you can have the recipe too.

IMG_8928

By the way, Miss Mary ALWAYS used lard in her pastry and she lived to be somewhere around 100 years old.

Thanks for looking at my photos.

Comments

Debra Spincic said…
I'm surprised there even is a published recipe.
Anonymous said…
Chicken w/pastry. Yummy! Is that southern sweet tea set at the table? So good! Enjoyed your photos.
Mikie