Still On Planet

I haven’t dropped off. There just hasn’t been a lot to ramble on about, and there is not much of interest here today. But I miss my blog, so I write. 

I haven’t even been playing golf. Once I decided I wasn’t going to renew my membership with my regular course, I lost interest in playing there. Both courses are having their club championships now and I don’t care to participate. Instead of playing I’ll spend my golf budget on some lessons. I could use a tune-up.

It is amazing how many calories a round of golf eats up! I don’t know the exact number, but I can really tell the difference in how my clothes fit in just a two weeks of sitting on my can instead of playing 4.5 hours of sport 4 to 6 times. Note to self: Eat less.

I hate eating less.

It’s the season for houseguests. My sister and her family came for a few days, and a friend-of-a-friend we went to Alaska with came last week. Next week our like-a-daughter Holly is coming. It’s also the season for art festivals, so we have places to take people.

Weather has been unseasonably hot. When my sister was here it was 99.9 degrees and cooking on the 400-degree plus BBQ grill was seriously not fun. Neither was the zoo. It is cooler now—cool being a relative term—but it’s still pushing 90.

We have been looking at properties at the beach. Well, not really AT the beach, but in the general vicinity where summer temps rarely get over 85. We went over today to look at several properties that looked great on paper. We both feel the trip was worthwhile, even though we realize we probably need to increase our budget. There is not much in Oceanside/Carlsbad that is newer than 1975, and there is not much in our price range that we love.

IMG_8825

This is the view looking east toward the San Bernardino Mountains and the Moreno Valley on the way home today. Rain is in the forecast this weekend.

I hope everyone has a Happy Passover and a Happy Easter. Oops, sorry, I forgot—like Christmas, Easter is no longer politically correct. It’s Spring Holiday, not Easter. Happy Easter anyway, screw those nut-balls. I hope you get to see your family and share a meal together. That’s what’s really important, after all.

Comments

Judy S. said…
Happy Easter to you, too! It might get into the high sixties here, can you even believe it?
Libby Fife said…
What? Now Easter is no good? When did that happen?

Any activity helps when you get, ahem!, a little older. Keep movin'!
Paul and Sue said…
Can't believe it is that warm already. I'm not playing golf so much either ..... can't believe I'm saying that !
Yes, increase the shopping budget and just go for that little ocean view in La Jolla and then I'll come visit for sure !!!!!!!
Sue said…
Oops, wrong Name on that.....that links to an old old campground review that I started.....but probably more interesting that my regular blog
Kay said…
I didn't know Easter was out, either. Oh well. It is amazing how much inactivity changes weight, isn't it? Missing some exercise recently is hitting me, too.
jenclair said…
I have great intentions when I go to bed of getting up and doing yoga or walking, but in the morning, not so much.