In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lion

My week started with a migraine and ended with a migraine. I’d hate to think my new glasses that cost several hundred dollars are causing them, but every time I wear them…well, I’ve had way too many migraines lately. Way.

I played a lot of golf. I played 6 out of 11 days (twice with a migraine but I can’t exactly call in sick). I finally said enough golf! If you can believe that. But it’s true.

DSCF1180

My sister came to visit. I love to see my sister, but she brings family. This time it was her 14 year old granddaughter and boyfriend, age 16. Way too young to be doing…well, you know.

IMG_8802

I laid down the law up front and said, “no hanky-panky in my house,” but that girl pushed the envelope every waking moment! I predict….well, I won’t say what, but when it happens I’ll say I told you so. And with a teenager there is all that drama and egocentric self-absorption. So tedious.

Speaking of teenagers, here is my 15 year-old granddaughter. She is going to her spring formal tonight. She’s lovely and sweet. But I’m not biased, oh no.

3532_10201011083585590_749332275_n-001

Since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, here is a photo of yours truly. But I have to be honest and say this photo was NOT taken in Ireland, it was taken in New Zealand, and it was NOT St. Patty’s Day but just an ordinary day, and it was taken about a dozen years ago. But I happened across it recently.

486396_10200150128269279_1280668966_n

Comments

Libby Fife said…
14 huh? If I knew then what I know now...:)

In any case, are you sure your glasses aren't fitting improperly? I had a pair at one time that were too small for my face overall and caused them to pinch and make headaches. I have had pairs that were too big also do the same thing. Just a thought.

Everybody needs a break even from stuff that they love:)
Debra Spincic said…
I lament not having grandkids but maybe I am better off without the anxiety and worry.

You were doing so well with your migraine management that the new glasses make me suspicious too.
Kay said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kay said…
Well, a green donkey is good for St. Patrick's day, I guess.

Hope the migraines go away soon.
Judy S. said…
Hope you're feeling better now! Have you checked back with your eye doctor?