The End of Another Year

My o my, time do fly. It seems like it was just a year ago that we were ringing in the new year with fun and frolic. Well, we’re doing it again—surprise!

This year’s fun started with golf. What else!

DSCN1256-001

As the day wore on, the clouds eventually obliterated the sun, the wind kicked up, and it was really cold. But we played on, and Cheryl beat me by one stroke. It was all because of that one stinkin’ bunker that took me two strokes to get out of. That and I haven’t played in 6-7 weeks.

Later we joined some more friends for the second-annual December 30th New Year’s kickoff dinner at Roy’s in Rancho Mirage. We had a great time! Left to right are Alan, Cheryl, Moi, Teri, JJ, Steve.  We are liking this tradition.

DSCN1263-001

We girls are drinking chocolate-hazelnut-vanilla martinis and let me tell you they are heaven in a glass! Yummy doesn’t begin to describe them. Outrageously yummy might be a start. To die for, your getting closer.

See you next year! Hope your celebrations are terrific!

Comments

Barbara C said…
Welcome back Rian, and happy new year! I have enjoyed following along with your travels. Singapore is on my someday travel destination list. It sounds like you had an amazing trip.
Debra Spincic said…
Happy New Year! Enjoy it while you can, right?
Libby Fife said…
Good looking weather and a happy looking crowd! Hope your New Year's is safe and sane:)