Palm Desert Country Club

It’s winding down to the end of the golf season here in the desert. In fact, my club is having its end of season tournament/luncheon this week. There will still be golf, but it will get lesser and lesser as we heat up. It’s still beautiful. No complaints.

I played Palm Desert CC today, it’s a very old course that went belly-up several years ago and was abandoned. Some very nice Canadians bought it and put some money into it, and today it’s a nice course. And, it’s very affordable. When you play golf 8 to 10 times a month, it adds up. We are all looking for bargains, and word gets around. PDCC is not jaw-dropping beautiful like PGA West, but I can play it for $50, as compared to $115 for PGA West. And that’s a guest rate.

DSCF0043

It’s situated near Indian Wells and has some lovely vistas. This is a par-4 downhill. For me, it’s easy to make par, or at least bogey, on this one. We’re waiting for the slowpokes ahead. I’m 150 yards out (you can tell by the striped pole lower left) and, I can get to the green from here. So I wait for them to get out of range.

DSCF0046

This is looking back at the tee box from the fairway. We had a storm Friday night and you can see snow on the mountains in the background on the right. Those mountains are maybe 8,000 ft. The ones in front are just little guys, about 2,200 ft..

It’s often difficult to take photos when you’re golfing because there’s a seriousness about keeping pace. But we were behind some slow old duffs, so I had time to pull out the camera.

I didn’t play my best today, but I did alright. I shot a 104. It took me 3 shots to get out of a bunker on a par-3, that hurt, and I totally wrecked the easy par-4 #18 and took a 7. Rats.

Comments

Debra Spincic said…
But you got out there and played and enjoyed it so that's a good thing!
jenclair said…
I can understand that the golfing season would end early because of the heat. Now, I guess it's time to travel!
Sue said…
Thx for taking me along again......sometimes a hand-wedge is the best way out of the sand.