Lemon Almond Chicken

Let’s cook something easy and delicious.
IMG_6402
When I make dinner for JJ and me, we split one chicken breast. It’s not a lot to eat, but it’s enough, and we ARE trying to lose weight. This entire meal is about 280 calories, and it’s easy and quick to make. I’ll show you.
IMG_6399-1
Here are the ingredients for two:
Sliced almonds, about 1/3 the little bag
1 boneless skinless chicken breast
Salt and pepper (not pictured)
Olive oil to lightly coat a skillet
Chicken broth, about 1/2 cup (I never measure)
White wine, a splash or two, plus a glass to keep the cook happy (optional of course)
Juice of a small lemon
2 or 3 cloves garlic, smashed/sliced, whatever
1 big tablespoon Dijon mustard
Rosemary
Cornstarch
Chopped parsley
Pound the chicken breast until it’s an even thickness. Salt and pepper.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, toast the almonds until they are golden brown. Remove almonds from pan and set aside. Add olive oil to the pan and brown the chicken breast. Don’t cook it, just brown it. Remove and set aside.
In the hot skillet, add the chicken broth, wine, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and rosemary. Cook together for a few minutes until the ingredients are melded together. Add the chicken back to the pan. Sauté the chicken in the goodness until it is cooked through. Mix a half-teaspoon of the cornstarch in a little chicken broth and add it to the sauce to thicken. Bring to a boil and turn down the heat until ready to serve. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
IMG_6402
We served it with roasted asparagus, which is just coming into season. The calorie count includes the roasted asparagus with olive oil. I roast it at 400 for 30 minutes.

Comments

Libby Fife said…
This type of meal is a staple at our house. We roast the asparagus also and I admit that I do drink the wine as well!

Keep going on the healthy eating plan:)
Anonymous said…
Yummy yum yum! If Judy fixed this for dinner, the kids would scream! Then it's off to Subway. I would love it, of course. Asparagus was going for $2.99 for a dozen stalks.

Mikie
jenclair said…
It looks delicious and thanks for sharing. My husband used to joke that our menus consisted of chicken or chicken. With a vegetable or two. The asparagus looks to yummy!
dee said…
Hi Rian,
Just catching up with your posts. This looks so delicious and I can't believe the calorie count. I'm off to the store for asparagus & chicken. Truth be told though, I will eat the whole chicken breast myself....eeeek
Those gifties from the last post are so nice.
Judy S. said…
Yum! I am copying this one! Thx.
Beverly said…
Yum, I will have to try this. And I love roasted asparagus!

Hope you try the chicken chili and it's a hit!
Jen said…
Looks great, I will have to try this one. We also do roasted veggies fairly often. Delicious every time.
Deb H said…
gosh it looks so GOOD!