Brand New Day

004-1

We took the troops to the airport yesterday at the crack of dawn. We have our house back to ourselves. We promptly took up residence on the sofa and slogged around all day. We didn’t have to be “on,” so we caved in to being exhausted.

First up is to tackle the refrigerators and pantry. The fridge is full of uneaten appetizers, doggie bags, and leftovers. The pantry holds candy, crackers, and kid cereal. Out it goes, all of it! Because we start our diets today. We tried to be semi-good the first two weeks of January, but that’s as far as we got.

Then there are sheets and towels to wash, beds to make and fold away, and then I can return the guest house into a studio. There’s so much to do! It’s a lot of work!

I was invited to play in a PGA West golf tournament next week so I need to practice. I want to do well. It’s important, since the last time I played I was sick and I was awful. Shamefully awful. I’m playing one of the PGA courses tomorrow with Janice and really looking forward to it.

But, even more than that, I’m looking forward to getting back into the studio! Now to find that muse…

Comments

Libby Fife said…
I know where I am going to go on vacation next year! All the fun and no work!

Glad things are getting back to normal. Let me know when you find that muse:) Oh, and good luck with the tournament:)
Sue said…
You are the hostess with the mostess and that cute little grandkid left with wonderful memories. The clutter and cleaning is a pain but offset by the QUIET.!

Great golf plans and I'm slightly jealous.....well, actually, a lot jealous..
jenclair said…
No matter how much you enjoy having company, it is always nice to have the house back to normal, and your own schedule all you have to worry about.

Of course, there is still all of the cleaning to do, but don't let that interfere with your golfing!
Judy S. said…
I can sure relate, but you win for having the most company! That blue sky really looks inviting; it snowed here and supposedly lots more is on the way. Ick! Happy golfing!
Kay said…
The aftermath can be tough but it's enjoyable to have things your way. Enjoy your time on the golf course and in the studio.