What’s Cooking?

A whole bunch o’ stuff!

I have been cooking up a storm. I made quiches, lasagnas, cookies, breads, crostini, and short ribs. We are hosting three dinner parties in a row, starting with 6.5 guests, then 9.5, ending with 12.5 on New Year’s Eve. The .5 is our 3.5 year old granddaughter Savannah.

249284_2147020268723_1042782653_32481714_2147631_n

Our New Year’s Eve party took on a life of its own and grew exponentially—but it’s okay, because our mantra is the more the merrier! And the celebrating goes on into the new year, since we get two New Year’s Days this time. It’s all good. Plus, I have mucho golf scheduled, which is a very happy thing.

happy-new-years-eve_1

I gifted myself with a new putter. I have been thinking about a change ever since I pole-vaulted on it and bent the shaft, like two years ago, and I finally got around to doing it. I haven’t had time to practice with it on a real putting surface yet so I can’t report on it, but I like the way it feels. Who knows if it will help me putt better—I am a terrible putter—but it certainly can’t be worse than my too-heavy, bent-shaft putter.

KarstenZing

I sold Godzilla. (Godzilla is my quilting machine/rack.) Its new owner is coming tomorrow to help me dismantle it and we will load it into her van and off it goes…well, that is if she shows, she might have changed her mind. I have mixed feelings about selling it, which surprised me, but I really need the space more than I need the rack. And I rarely used it. The timing was perfect because I was going to take it apart this week anyway and store it in the garage.

The sailboat quilt made it safely to my son and he loves it. Unfortunately one of the two gift cards went missing from the box, which means one of my granddaughters won’t get a Christmas present. I’ve been on the phone with the customer service people, but so far no luck. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I hope I can get a replacement.

Anybody been watching X Factor? Who do you think will win?

the-x-factor-usa-final-3

Melanie has the chops, but she sounds like so many female singers; nothing new there. I like Josh because he’s gritty and soulful and he sings the kind of music *I* like to listen to. Chris is loveable, but I’m not a big hip-hop fan and he’s kind of a one-trick pony, but there’s no denying he’s the most relevant and unique, so I think he’ll win.

Have you noticed more people saying “Merry Christmas” this year instead of “Happy Holidays?” Is it just me or do you sense a greater feeling of politeness and good will this year? I have. I wonder if there’s any correlation.

Over and out for now. Thanks for tuning in. Merry Christmas! And Happy Chanukah, too.

Comments

Debra Spincic said…
Savannah is a cutie for sure! She'll keep everyone entertained.

Maybe you can try out your putter over the holiday.
Judy S. said…
Love those blue eyes on your little Savannah! What a little doll. Have a wonderful holiday, Rian. Christmas Blessings to all of you!
Sue said…
3.5 to 4 is the BEST age....they just say anything with total honesty but they can dress and feed themselves....love that age !

Wow, new Ping putter....hope it works as well as my one and only most favorite Ping....a 7 metal (wood, whatever). I see birdies in your future.

And.......can we have the leftovers from the parties ??

Merry Merry Christmas good friend.
I am a fan and we all know Melanie won but I was rooting for Josh too.

Your granddaughter is a cutie. Have lots of fun and Merry Christmas.
jenclair said…
Savannah is a doll and having a little one for Christmas makes everything merrier!

Enjoy that new putter and make it work for you in your 2012 golfing!