It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like…Chaos

I got the tree done. It only took two days. Many of my beloved chartreuse ornaments got broken in the move. They’re ordinary glass balls, but they’re hard impossible to find, so I marked my calendar for next October so I can go to Stats in Pasadena. While I’m there I’ll play a round of golf or two with my pal Cheryl.

Here are the fruits of my labors. I was going to practice golf today in hopes of getting a little more length off the tee for the second round of my tournament, but A) I am too sore to move, and B) it’s raining. Screw that. So I tweaked the tree a little more.

IMG_6185 (533x800)

The Christmas cards are ready to mail and my to-do list is laid out. I have something to do each day. Lest you think I’m obsessive…nah, I’m just lazy. This way it’s out of my brain and on paper and I sleep better, and it’s spread out so I don’t knock myself out. I have three days set aside to cook, then I’m having the cleaning service in. If I get the cooking done in two, I can play golf.

IMG_6184 (800x533)

Whoops, I didn’t anticipate this mess. There are even more boxes behind me. J put them in the garage and we put the two leaves in the dining table. I am delighted that we can get the full length of the table (124”) and still be able to walk through the room. It’s the largest dining room we’ve ever had.

IMG_6182 (800x533)

The next post-it note on my calendar is planning the menus. A sit-down job. Ahhh, I need it.

Comments

Judy S. said…
That sounds like very organized chaos to me, Rian! I need you here; we just found out last Fri. that DD plus her DH and kids are arriving here on Christmas Eve. Now, that will be true chaos with lots of fun thrown in for good measure.
Debra Spincic said…
If you have a dependable routine and schedule for the holidays, it's worth its weight in gold. Looks like you have found one.
jenclair said…
The tree looks lovely, and I hope you will be able to find more of the
chartreuse ornaments for next year.

I just ordered a few more gifts...as usual my Christmas is chaos, with little or no organization, but I woke up this morning with some ideas for gifts for my husband. He is SO difficult to buy for, and I'm pleased to have found some things he will appreciate.

Menu planning? And shopping for ingredients? You have it down, girl!
Sue said…
Can I hire you ??
Barbara C said…
Lovely tree! Congratulations on being ahead of the curve. Me? Not so much. No tree, no shopping, just final exams. It all has to come together somehow after grades are due on the 22. Yikes!
Love the idea of writing it down so it is off your mind. I have been waking up at 3 am every nite lately reviewing all the tasks that need doing. I am going to try this.

Your tree is beautiful...well worth the two days. :)
Libby Fife said…
Should of hired you to do a tree for me! Looks great! And I bet you have the sticky-notes from Costco:) Also a great idea and I remember it from years past. Keep chugging along:)