Baby it’s Cold Outside

What is wrong with this picture? The golf course is frosted over. The sun is just coming up and it is 38 degrees. Brrr!

I played golf in this today. It was 38 degrees. I busted my butt to get to the course in time (at the crack of dawn), skipping makeup and breakfast, going nuts at red lights, only to face a frost delay. Hurry up and wait…sigh.

IMG_6181 (800x533)

Wearing four layers, one feels like the Michelin Man. But by the fourth hole the sun is high and it warms up rather quickly, and the layers peel off. In spite of the cold I played okay—I played to my handicap anyway. This was the first round of a two-round eclectic tournament. My net score was in the mid-70s despite an ugly start due to the cold.

I’ve been busy! I finished the quilt and I’m happy with it. Pictures later (it’s a gift).

I made a 50-page picture book of our trip to Africa, here’s a screenshot of the cover:

Capture

I had a great time making it, but I have to say it was intense and laborious. But only because I was a newbie and constantly on a discovery curve. I wanted to get it done in time for the holidays and I did. It’s being printed as we speak. Now I want to make books for our other adventures. What a fun way to relive your trips. Beats the hell out of DVD—you can pick up a book, it’s low-tech and tactile. By the way, I used Blurb by BookSmart and my book cost around $50. The program is free.

Now that the above projects are done I can concentrate on Holiday plans and preps. The cards are halfway done, that’s the good news, but no shopping has been done; and the tree, well, maybe this weekend. Yikes! Our ToDo list is long!

Life is good. I love being busy!

Comments

Judy S. said…
It was interesting to compare this golf photo with the last one! It must be great to have all those Africa photos and memories corralled into one book!
Libby Fife said…
Holey Moley that looks cold!!!! I think of golf as a WARM weather sport. Glad you made it.

I bet the book is a ton of fun. I have Blurb on the back burner for next year.
DebbyMc said…
I found it intensive, too...but fun. Took a lot longer than I thought it would, though. "Just" plugging the photos into the template was not exACTly as "easy" as it sounds..but the end product was great. And now I know what I will do differently the next time. Yours sounds about the same size as the one I made. Love the back end of that zebra! It's a great cover pic =-)
Anonymous said…
Looks like "burrrr city" on the golf course--glad to know it warms up early
Book making sounds fun--think I will give it a try--NEXT YEAR--can't wait to see your book.
Love Ya
Cheryl
I heard on the news it was cold by you. I love it. It is only fair you at least get a frost once in a while to remind you it is winter! haha.

Fabulous Cover for your book. You are a wonderful photographer so I am sure it is extra special.

Now get to the tree and shopping!
jenclair said…
The golf course looks pretty frosty!

Can't wait to see the finished quilt, such a wonderful gift. Great cover for your travel book; having such a great record of your travels is a gift in itself.
Sue said…
Didn't think it got that cold out there! That's what we get here...I got the FootJoy winter gloves and they work great.
I'm so glad for the info on the Travel book.....I need to start investigating that pronto before I forget it all. That cover is just perfect.
Haven't even given Christmas a thought ..... I work better under pressure so after I unpack, I'll get on the fast track. No tree tho....just a sprinkling of lights and a wreath.....and shopping is only a little something to go with the checks. Buenos dias.
Sue said…
Didn't think it got that cold out there! That's what we get here...I got the FootJoy winter gloves and they work great.
I'm so glad for the info on the Travel book.....I need to start investigating that pronto before I forget it all. That cover is just perfect.
Haven't even given Christmas a thought ..... I work better under pressure so after I unpack, I'll get on the fast track. No tree tho....just a sprinkling of lights and a wreath.....and shopping is only a little something to go with the checks. Buenos dias.