What’s Goin’ On

Hey Marvin Gaye…

The weather is absolutely gorgeous. It gets a little warm (90) in the late afternoons, but it cools down (40) at night and we can sleep with blankets on. We  no longer use the AC. I can open up the doors to the studio and work in the fresh air and natural light.

I’m piecing a quilt for a prezzie for son Andrew. It’s a companion piece to this. I hit the nail on the head with that one, as he has been dreaming of sailing in the future. Maybe this one will inspire him further.
IMG_6107

In other news, we are having the front landscaping re-done.
IMG_6106

Our HOA, which is just our (long) street, decided all the homes needed re-vamping, and they assigned a budget of $1,000 to each home to spiff up their yard (you could spend more). We took out a couple of trees that were creating problems and we removed shrubs in favor of desert-type plants, and rocks. It’s a cleaner look. When they put in the landscaping 10+ years ago they obviously didn’t put much thought into it. And, styles have changed.

Next week we are going to Las Vegas for daughter Michelle’s 11-11-11 party. It’s not a milestone birthday, but her birthday is 11-11 and the date is the thing. There will be 12 partygoers and she has planned some pretty wonderful fun. And I will play golf with Alan and Cheryl, who are also going. Should be a major blast.

So, life clicks along. There is always plenty to do.

Comments

jenclair said…
It is good to see you working on a quilt again, and I'm sure Andrew will love and appreciate it. The colors and the sail boats are both beautiful and masculine--and an exciting dream to have.

Have fun at the birthday party!
Judy S. said…
You sure keep busy! Have fun celebrating on 11-11-11!
Since you were way down at the bottom of my list I thought you were just not posting. Luckily today I clicked on you and saw you moved! Now I will be back checking up on you!

Love the previous quilt so this new one intrigues me.

Nice changes for your home.
Deb H said…
Well welcome home!

Your Africa photos are all so beautiful & surreal! What a trip!

I love the sail boat quilts.

I can't imagine 90 degrees being comfortable!