The Grand Finale

Temperatures in the desert are back in the double digits and we are [finally!] making our way home. We are camped out under the trees in a swanky RV resort near Solvang, California.
But before we left Pismo Beach, we went to the beach for a last walk on the pier and one more cup of beyond-belief clam chowder from Splash CafĂ©. 
IMG_4903 (800x533)
Catching up with old friends has been hell on the waistline. It seems there is no shortage of wining and dining when we and our friends gather. I’ll have to spend hours on the elliptical every day. Or else buy new clothes.
IMG_4904 (800x533)
Alan & Cheryl drove up from Los Angeles to meet us for a couple rounds of golf. This is Alisal, one of my favorite courses. Did you ever see the movie Sideways? Remember the golf course scene? This is the place.
IMG_4906 (800x533)
Another famous locale from the movie. (Where Miles met Maya.) I love this place.
IMG_4915 (533x800)
Cheryl and moi at The Hitching Post. She beat me by two strokes today. Dammit.
IMG_4908 (800x533)
The guys.
IMG_4910 (800x533)
Life continues to be a great big blast. Thanks for stopping in!
Next stop: Home. I am SO looking forward to getting back into the studio. But first, a nap.

Comments

Dear Gina said…
Hey!!! I thought u said the 16th???? I have been waiting for the call!!
<---sad
Debra Spincic said…
I'm not sure I could keep up that pace! You go!
jenclair said…
Wow! Look at you--a real RV champion!
Libby Fife said…
That is the BIGGEST glass of wine that I have seen outside of my own kitchen. Holey Moley!

Really happy that you are having a good time. Enjoy yourself!
Anonymous said…
So glad we got together in Solvang--had a Super fun time--wish you would have stayed another day--golf was great--31/2hrs--no one in front or behind--went to the crepe cafe--crab crepes--then blueberry crepes far dessert--hope you had a good safe trip home

Cheryl and Alan