Rollin’ Home

IMG_4741
Well, our month in San Diego County has come to an end and we are rolling Rover home. Jim is driving the rig and I am following in our car because we haven’t graduated to towing yet. This picture was taken on northbound I-15 near Temecula.

We dropped Rover off at the dealer to have a few new-coach things fixed. Like the door sticks and is hard to open, but sometimes comes open by itself. We woke up twice to find the door wide open even though it was locked and we were sure we shut it. That’s not good. 

We had a great time in San Diego, we enjoyed my old hometown a lot, and if we don’t take Rover up the coast to Oregon next summer we’ll go back. I like Rover, but I have to say this, four weeks at a stretch was one week too many. I started getting antsy and missing my house. And whoever said I’d marvel at how big my house was when I got home was right.

After we take care of some things here—laundry, doctor, haircuts, etc., we roll to the central coast to visit friends and neighbors, have a few beach parties, go to favorite restaurants, taste some central coast wines, PLAY SOME GOLF, and enjoy the cool beach weather.

Happy trails!

Comments

Debra Spincic said…
Rollin', rollin', rollin! Just like 2 tumbleweeds!
Irene said…
Ah, life is good. I think I'd be ready for some alone time after so much togetherness time :-)

Enjoy the rest of your summer - sounds like it will be fun!
Marilyn said…
Welcome home! It seems to be getting a bit toasty around here once again. Glad you had a wonderful time. You will have a great time on the central coast. It is nice getting out of the desert in the summer. We are so missing Lake Tahoe.
Anonymous said…
GLAD YOUR MONTH WAS FUN--ENJOY YOUR TRIP UP THE COAST--WE ARE GOING TO CALL YOU "THE TRAVELING AMMERMANS"--WE WILL BE MISSING YOU
CHERYL AND ALAN
Sue said…
Aside from the pain of connecting, you'll like towing and Jim will appreciate the extra pair of eyes.......

The first big trip is always the hardest.....next time will be like riding a bike.
Barbara C said…
It sounds like it's been a lovely adventure. Since you're planning next year's travels, it's a sign that things went well (except for the self-opening door, I'm sure).
Kay said…
I thought about you when we saw those big RVs on the road. I think the driving part would not be fun, but the rest, definitely